Thanks to the coronavirus pandemic, the retail industry will see a very different kind of holiday this year, and it is going to impact the retail industry significantly. During the pandemic, the customers have different kinds of expectations from retail brands, and to stay in the competition, retail chains will have to meet those expectations. The retail call centers will play a significant role during this pandemic-stricken Holiday season to help retail businesses meet the customers’ changing needs.
So, what is the most significant change in the customer behaviour the retail industry must expect?
While the recent trend of shopping online for holidays was increasing for the past few years, it is nothing like what we are going to experience this year. With the pandemic fear looming, more and more customers will want to stay away from the brick and mortar stores and shop online.
As a result of this, the total holiday sale will not be affected much. However, it will alter the customer’s need for assistance. Some of the critical needs that retail call centers like Ameridial can fulfil are:
- The requirement of more assistance while online shopping– Most first-time online shoppers will need some assistance, and therefore they will contact via their preferred channels to get their queries resolved. With an experienced partner like Ameridial, retail businesses can quickly and efficiently assist their customers.
- More order tracking inquiries– With the logistics disrupted by the pandemic, many customers this season are worried that their purchases won’t reach them on time. Therefore, they will call to inquire about the status of their orders. It will generate an increased number of calls to the call center partners of retail businesses.
- More complaints- When more customers start online shopping, the number of complaints can increase as well. The number of return and return requests will increase. To process those complaints, return, and refund requests, the retail companies will need an expert call center partner.
How to find the ideal call center partner?
Retail companies can meet the changing customer expectations and the increased customer interaction volume without skimping on customer experience in the holiday season amid this pandemic. All they need is a sound call center partner. Here are the main traits a retail business should look for in a call center partner.
- Experience – A call center with experience in serving retail clients can offer better support to retail companies.
- Skill– A call center with a skilled workforce can handle customer queries better, quickly, and efficiently.
- Knowledge– A call center with previous experience in the retail industry will have adequate knowledge of handling retail customers, and therefore, they can handle the holiday rush well.
- Scalability– A retail company needs a call center that can quickly scale up during the holiday season and scale down when the number of customer interactions subsides.
- Omnichannel support– Customers today want to interact with a retail company through their preferred channels. Therefore, a retail business needs a call center that can offer Omnichannel or multichannel support.
As an experienced retail call center, Ameridial has all these traits. Therefore, it can be your ideal call center partner. For more information on how we can help your retail business, contact us today.